Utah Attorney Serving Clients in Estate Planning, Probate and Business Formation
Helping individuals and small businesses in the Salt Lake City area for more than 35 years
The law offices of Paul J. Barton has been protecting the futures of Salt Lake City families and businesses since 1973. We focus our practice on just a few areas to provide high-quality legal counsel. With our knowledge, we assist our clients in understanding the variety of trusts available to them, and recommend the tools that will work best for them and their financial situation.
Caring, focused counsel to protect your family or business assets
For 40 years, Paul J. Barton has helped Salt Lake City individuals and small businesses safeguard their hard-earned assets for future generations. We provide our clients with:
- Compassionate service. At the law offices of Paul J. Barton, we pride ourselves on making our clients comfortable. We understand that dealing with legal issues may be unsettling, especially if you need to probate the will of a loved one or establish guardianship for a special needs child or incapacitated adult. We listen carefully to your needs, probe where we need to, and prepare a course of action that is right for you.
- A focus on trusts. With many types of trusts available — ranging from revocable to irrevocable, to special needs, to pets — Attorney Paul Barton can help you understand the trust or trusts that work best for you. Our goal is to protect your interests and your assets, now and in the future.
- Financial skill. When planning for the future of either your family or your business, it’s essential to have legal guidance at your side. We also have financial planning and investment skills to help determine any tax consequences and develop effective strategies to sidestep them. From establishing trusts as an integral tool in your estate plan, to evaluating estate tax, to helping you find the best structure for a new business, we assist in assessing financial impacts and recommend appropriate actions to make the most of your assets.
- Dependable experience. Attorney Paul J. Barton puts his more than 35 years of handling estate planning, probate and business formation matters to work for you. He has extensive experience drafting sensitive and important documents such as living trusts and wills for local residents and the elder community in Salt Lake County. He concentrates his business planning experience on setting up limited liability companies (LLCs) for businesses in the vicinity. He can assist in selecting a distinguishable name for your company that will be accepted by the Utah Division of Corporations and Commercial Code. Attorney Barton’s background in tax law can help you explore your options when filing tax forms and choose an entity that will be most cost-beneficial to you and your business.
- Professional recognition. As a result of his dedication to his clients and the legal profession, estate planning attorney Paul J. Barton has received high praises from his colleagues for his distinguished professionalism and ethics.
Turn to Paul J. Barton for legal advice and tailored solutions
We routinely handle cases involving the following areas of practice:
Contact a knowledgeable Salt Lake City law firm for comprehensive estate planning legal guidance
Call the law offices of Paul J. Barton at 801-322-2300 or contact us online today to schedule an initial consultation. We offer flexible payment options and fixed hourly rates and fees.